To Make Chicken Biryani
- Chicken – 1 Kg
- Basmati rice – 1 Kg
- Onions(big) – 10 nos
- Ginger- 2 piece
- Garlic pods – 10 nos
- Poppyseeds – 1 tbsp
- Mintleaves(Pudhina) – 1 bunch
- Corianderleaves- 1 bunch
- Curryleaves- 1 bunch
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Salt- As reqd
- Turmericpowder- 1 tsp
- Garammasala- 3 tsp
- Lime juice – 3 cups
- Cloves – 2-3 nos
- Cinnamom – 1 stick
- Cashewnuts- As reqd
- Raisins – As reqd
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
- Pineapple essence – 1 tsp
1) Peel and cut the onions into thin long pieces.
2) Fry the cashew nuts and raisins with a little ghee till they become golden brown in colour. Keep them aside.
3) Fry half of the onions in the remaining ghee until they are crispy.
4) the remaining onions in oil until they turn into slightly golden brown.
5) Grind ginger, garlic and poppy seeds into a fine paste.
6) Chop finely the mint , coriander and curry leaves.
7) Heat a big vessel and add the chicken pieces, the chopped leaves, the ground paste, the cooked onions,Curd, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and 1 cup of lime juice.
8) Cook this until the chicken is done well and very little gravy is left.
9) Take some water in another vessel and add the remaining lime juice, some salt followed by 2-3 pieces of cloves and a big piece of cinnamon stick.
10) Keep this on stove and when the water startes boiling, add the basmati rice.
11) When the rice is just about done, drain the rice and spread it in a paper or aluminium foil and keep it under the fan to cool it.
12) Mix the rice with the cooked chicken masala. This is done by taking a vessel and first putting some masala in the bottom.
13) Add rice and spread it as a layer on top of the chicken masala.
14) Sprinkle the pineapple essence in between.
15) Garnish with the fried, crispy onions, nuts and raisins on top. Bake this for a few minutes.
16) Serve the Chicken Biryani North Indian Style hot with raita.