To Make Egg Biryani South Indian
5 cups – basmati Rice
6 – hardboiled Egg
1/2 cup – yogurt
2 – Onions
6 – Green chilies
25-30 – Mint leaves
1/2 bunch – Coriander leaves
1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
Salt according to taste
Ghee 1 table spoon
Whole Garam Masala 1/2 table spoon
Garam Masala powder 1/2 tea spoon
Lemon Juice 1 table spoon
- Wash the basmati rice and parboil with a large amount of water along with whole garam masala and 4 to 5 green chillies and a little salt.
- Make vertical slits on the egg and marinate with yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, powered garam masala, and a little salt.
- After it is done, drain the water and keep aside.
- Make thin round slices of onions and deep fry in the oil until golden brown and strain on a paper towel.
- To this, add the rest of the green chillies, mint leaves and coriander leaves, and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottom vessel put some oil (1 tsp) and pour the marinated mixture.
- Layer it with onion mixture and pour the lime juice; layer it with parboiled rice.
- On top of this, put some preheated oil (used for frying onion) and ghee.
- Cover tightly and keep on the stove for 25 to 30 mins on a very small flame. After it is done, mix slowly and serve.
- Served and Enjoy with raita.