To Make Jeera Rice
2 cup – Long Grain (Basmati) Rice
4 cups Water
2tbsp – Cumin seeds(jeera)
2tbsp – oil
2 nos – Bay leaves
4 nos – cloves
2 nos – Black Cardamom
Few whole Black pepper
salt to taste
- Clean and wash rice. Wash and drain rice 2-3 times and soak in water for 15-10 minutes.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds (jeera), bay leaf, cardamom, whole black pepper and cloves.
- When Cumin seeds are done add the rice and salt, mix well.
- Add water.
- When it starts boiling low down the flame of the gas and cover it partially.
- Keep an eye, rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and water is completely absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy with raita.