To Make Veg Noodles
Hakka noodles – 1 pack of Hakka noodles
3 to 4 medium spring onions, finely chopped, reserve a few greens for garnish
1small to medium carrot, finely chopped or julienned
8 to 10 French beans, finely chopped
4to 5 button mushrooms, finely chopped * check notes
1 small to medium bell pepper – red, green or yellow, finely chopped or julienned
1.5 tsp finely chopped garlic
2 to 3 red chilies or green chilies, broken and deseeded
1 tsp finely chopped celery
¼ tsp rice vinegar or white vinegar or rice wine
½ tbsp naturally fermented soy sauce or add as required
½ tbsp oil for coating the noodles
2 tbsp oil for stir frying
Salt and pepper as required
Enough water to cook the noodles
- Heat enough water in a pan with salt and a few drops of oil, till it comes to a boil.
- Add the Hakka noodles and cook according to the package instructions.
- When the noodles are cooking, rinse and chop all the veggies or you can chop the veggies before you start cooking the noodles.
- Drain and rinse the noodles in running water, so that the noodles stop cooking.
- Then add oil and gently mix, so that the oil gets evenly coated on the noodles.
- Keep the noodles aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or bowl or a pan.
- On medium heat, first add the dry red chillies and garlic.
- Sauté (lightly fried in butter or fat, pan-fried) for a minute, then add the finely chopped spring onions and French beans
- Increase the flame and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper/capsicum & celery. Stir fry all the veggies on a high flame till the veggies start getting slightly browned from the edges. This will take about 7 mins after adding the carrots.
- Add soy sauce and stir.
- Add the Hakka noodles and toss it well and stir fry for a minute on high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Also add rice vinegar or white vinegar. Continue to toss and cook the noodles on a high flame for a minute.
- Toss the whole mixture well and the Add the chopped spring onion greens or garnish the Hakka noodles with spring onions while serving.
- Serve and enjoy.