To Make Vegetable Pickle
1/3 cup – black salt (sanchal)
2 cups – white vinegar
1/2 cup – carrot cubes
1/2 cup – zucchini cubes
1/2 cup – coloured capsicum cubes
1/2 cup – cucumber cubes
1/2 cup – beetroot slices
2 cloves of garlic (lehsun), crushed
2 green chillies, slit
- Make the pickling solution, by boiling 2 cups of water with the rock salt.
- Cool and add the vinegar. Mix well and keep aside.
- Put all the vegetables, garlic and green chillies into a sterilized jar, fill the jar with the pickling solution and seal with glass or plastic lids.
- Store in a cool place for 10 Days before using. Once opened, store in the refrigerator. Unopened pickled vegetables can be kept in a cool, dark place.
- Serve at room temperature.